The curriculum for BDS is incrementally build on an indigenous design based on Pakistan Medical and Dental Council (PM&DC) guideline which addresses the vision & mission of the institutions & university. The curriculum aims at full filling the obligation of producing knowledgeable & ethical dental professional with clinical competence & leadership qualities. RCD intends to prepare the dental graduates to meet the oral & dental care needs of the community by providing best possible evidence based practices with values and scientific basis.
The following Admission Policy is formulated in compliance with the provisions of Section 18(3) of PM&DC Act 2020 and PM&DC Medical and Dental Undergraduate Education (Admission, Curriculum and Conduct) Regulations 2023-24, for admission of students to Rehman College of Dentistry, Peshawar for BDS Programme.
- PM&DC directives regarding admissions 2023-24 issued from time to time will be followed
- A strict NO DONATION POLICY is adopted. No one except, the office of admissions is authorised to give a written admission offer
- Fee for more than one (1) year will not be demanded
- All fees will be deposited in the official designated bank account as specified in the admissions portal/prospectus
- SCHOLARSHIPS: As per the institution's past practices, scholarships will be offered as per policy. Further details can be obtained from the college website.
The applications through online portal of the college shall be accepted for scrutiny and merit formulation as per Pakistan Medical and Dental Undergraduate Education (Admissions, Curriculum and Conduct) Regulations 2022-23.
It will be the responsibility of candidates to provide passed MDCAT and HSSC or equivalent examination results prior to the last date of admission as specified on the website.
The applicants shall be bound to provide the following documents through the college website (uploading the documents):
- SSC / IBCC certificate
- Domicile certificate
- CNIC / Form 'B' of Applicant and Father
- Passport size photograph
- Passport copy (Foreign applicants)
- HSSC admit card / result or IBCC (once available)
- MDCAT registration / result (once available)
A student shall at the conclusion of their MDCAT exam, submit a request on PM&DC Student Online listing the medical or dental colleges to which they have applied so that their MDCAT results are communicated to their respective College(s).
It is the responsibility of all applicants to visit the website https//rcd.rmi.edu.pk/ for updated information.
Communication with applicants will be strictly through the email address provided by the applicant.
All selected applicants and their parent/guardian, will be required to submit an affidavit on Rs.100/- stamp paper duly notarized by a notary, stating the acceptance of College required disciplinary, legal, and financial responsibilities and all other rules and regulations specified in the college prospectus.
Admission Offer will be treated as provisional and conditional subject to verification of documents, medical fitness, and fee deposit within the stipulated period.
Any person seeking admission in RCD shall be eligible having fulfilled the following mandatory criteria:
1. Passed the MDCAT-2023 and secured 45% marks as per 'PM&DC Regulation 2023-24'. An applicant who had passed MDCAT 2023-24 and is in possession of a pass certificate with 65% marks of MDCAT may apply for admission to BDS for the session 2023-24.
2. Obtained a Higher Secondary School Certificate qualification ("HSSC") or an equivalent 12th-grade qualification recognised in Pakistan and having obtained sixty percent (60%) marks therein, or a higher/lower percentage as may be notified by the Medical and Dental Council.
3. Passed the subjects of Biology and Chemistry and either Physics or Mathematics in the examination of the Higher Secondary School Certificate or an equivalent 12th-grade qualification recognised in Pakistan.
4. All candidates who passed their F.Sc (Pre-Medical)/HSSC or Equivalent exam last year (2022) are eligible to apply for admission to Medical/Dental colleges for the session 2023-24. Only the ELECTIVE SUBJECT MARKS and percentage will be considered for merit calculation.
ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA FOR FOREIGN NATIONALS / OVERSEAS PAKISTANI QUOTA SEATS
Holds a permanent foreign nationality or dual nationality or overseas Pakistani student who has studied and passed the HSSC 12th-grade examination or equivalent from outside Pakistan and has stayed in the foreign country for the whole duration of the abovementioned course on a Permanent Residence Permit.
- HSSC or equivalent : 40%
- SSC or equivalent: 10 %
- MDCAT: 50 %
1. The admission to the BDS programme in RCD, shall be made strictly based on merit
2. In case the final merit of more than one candidate is equal up to four decimals, the candidate older in age shall stand higher in merit
3. After the display of the final merit list, if there is any vacant seat, the next student on merit on the waiting list will be offered admission against such vacant seat.