AWARDS AND FUNDING Faculty at Rehman College of Dentistry seeks long-term funding opportunities from national, regional and international organizations to undertake research in the social sciences and humanities, basic and clinical sciences, and education. These grants, in turn, support graduate students, clinical fellows, conferences, workshops and public outreach, thereby developing an encouraging network of research and scholarly collaboration across disciplines and borders.
Fogarty International Center (NIH)
University of Colorado Denver
Janssen Pharmaceutica N.V
Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)
Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation
Health Security Partners
University of Birmingham
Higher Education Commission
University of Calgary
National Institute of Health Research
The University of Sydney
Family Larrson-Rosenquist Foundation
Centre for Addiction and Mental Health
VITAL Pakistan Trust
University College London
University of Oxford
Pakistan Science Foundation
Swiss Red Cross
Albert B. Sabin Vaccine Institute, Inc.
Gilead Sciences Inc.
Aga Khan Foundation, Switzerland
lnternational Association for the Study of Pain – IASP
Menzies School of Health Research
The World Bank
Sanofi Espoir Foundation
Pakistan Endocrine Society
National Research Fund (GOK)
European Research Council
The British Academy
Government of Sindh
United Nations International Children's Emergency Fund
Singapore Clinical Research Institute PTE Ltd (SCRI)
Grand Challenges Canada
Liverpool School of tropical Medicine
Naval Medical Research Unit
AO Foundation, AO Trauma
Neurology Awareness Research Foundation (NARF)
Roche Pakistan Ltd
Womens and Health Alliance (WAHA), International
The British Asian Trust
United Nation Children's Fund (UNICEF)
Deloitte & Toucher
The University of Sheffield
Save the Children Federation, Inc.
• Career Stage Funded o Pre-doctoral o Post-doctoral o Early-Career Researcher o Mid-Career Researcher • Scale of Funding o Small (<$25,000/yr) o Large (>$25,000/yr).
- UNIVERSITY RESEARCH COUNCIL GRANTS | Researchers can apply four times a year and avail funding for up to $25,000 in two categories: short-term and multidisciplinary. Proposals are submitted and reviewed by the Grants Review Committee.
- FACULTY OF HEALTH SCIENCES: SEED MONEY |Contact Office of the Director, Medical College for further details.
- FACULTY DEVELOPMENT AWARD |Contact Office of the Director, Medical College for further details.
- DEPARTMENTAL RESOURCES |Every department has funding available for supporting field specific projects, researchers - technicians, associates,- and collateral. Contact your respective academic entity/department for further queries.
- NATIONAL INSTITUTES OF HEALTH, USA|NIH Online Submissions Process
- THE WELLCOME TRUST, UK|Wellcome Trust Submission Process
- JOINT-ELECTRONIC SUBMISSIONS (JeS), UK|Registration for Tanzania campus underway.
- EUROPEAN COMMISSION-EUROPEAID
- PADOR - Potential Applicant Data Online Registration|Managed by EuropeAid and contains information about organisations applying for grants of the European Commission (EC).
- ECAS - European Commission Authentication Service (ECAS) account | Gives access to the Participant Portal for FP7 grants and other Commission sites for funding.
- Grants.gov provides a common website for federal agencies to post discretionary funding opportunities and for grantees to find and apply to them.
- Fogarty International Centre at NIH offers a variety of funding opportunities to support the field of global health research.
- Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation brings about the kind of changes that will help people live healthier and more productive lives and seek to understand the world’s inequities.
- British Academy is the UK’s expert body that supports humanities and social sciences and funds research across UK and in other parts of the world.
- Horizon 2020 is the biggest European Union Research and Innovation programme ever with nearly €80 billion of funding available over 7 years (2014 to 2020). Opportunities for researchers from the Socio-economic Sciences and Humanities are also available here.
- Trialect is the place to explore new career pathways by leveraging opportunities posted.
- AHRQ (Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality) mission is to produce evidence to make health care safer, higher quality, more accessible, equitable, and affordable.