Department Of Prosthodontics
Prosthodontics department deals with replacement of any part, missing in the head and neck area, either they are teeth, or palate, nose, eyes, ears etc. it also deals with rehabilitation the full mouth, smile makeovers, cosmetic dentistry and patients with temporomandibular joint problems.
Almost dealing with the majority of population, we have equipped the department with the most advanced technology and highly skilled doctors to give patient the best and advanced treatment options for their problems.
In prosthodontics department, we provide treatment options with veneers, crown/bridges, implant restorations, smile makeovers, bleaching, maxillofacial prosthesis, splint appliances, removable dentures in very sterile, isolated with full privacy and friendly environment.
Undergraduate training is offered to final year BDS students
6 Months internship for fresh graduates for polishing their clinical skills
Assessment of effectiveness of Cuspid rise in stabilization splint in the management of Tmds and Bruxism
Determination of angulation of maxillary anterior teeth with alveolar bone and thickness of alveolar bone at different levels on CBCT
Immediate tooth replacement using fiber-reinforced composite bridge: a case report
Comparison of mean dimensional stability of self-disinfecting alginate impressions with alginate impression disinfected through immersion method
Correlation between Face form and Maxillary Central Incisor Tooth form in dentate patients visiting prosthodontics department Rehman College of Dentistry, Peshawar.
A survey to determine attitude of dentist towards cast partial denture.
Survey to determine lack of interest in research in dentistry.
Specialty preference and their influencing factors among dental house officers
A survey to determine the chief complaint of edentulous patients
- Phantom Head Lab
- Sub department of Maxillofacial Prosthodontics
- Ceramic LAB
- All kind of prosthesis options available
- Latest material and equipment
- Quick smile improvement
- Disposable and sterilized instruments.
- Digital Cephalometric and Panoramic Radiography
- Cone Bean Computed Tomography (CBCT)
- Digital Periapical Imaging
veneer/crown: in a bad looking tooth either because of its shape and colour or damage of the tooth, the tooth is covered with thin covering shell which is known as veneer. If the damage is severe, full is covered completely with crown.
Veneers and crowns are both dental restoration methods that can improve the look and function of your teeth. The main difference is that a veneer covers only the front of your tooth and a crown covers the entire tooth.
• Bridge: If you have missing teeth, your dentist can close — or bridge — the gaps in your smile with dental bridges. A dental bridge is a false tooth (called a pontic) that is held in place by the abutment teeth on either side of the gap. Although pontics can be made from a variety of materials such as gold, typically they’re made from porcelain to aesthetically blend in with your natural teeth.
• Denture: A denture is a removable replacement for missing teeth and surrounding tissues. Two types of dentures are available -- complete and partial dentures. Complete dentures are used when all the teeth are missing, while partial dentures are used when some natural teeth remain.
• IMPLANTS: A dental implant is a surgical component that interfaces with the bone of the jaw or skull to support a dental prosthesis such as a crown, bridge, denture, facial prosthesis
• Maxillofacial Prosthesis: when someone has any missing part on the face or mouth like eyes, ears, nose, palate, they are replaced with artificial ones, which are called maxillofacial prosthesis.
• NAM appliance: NAM appliance is an artificial plate type appliance used to mold the defect of palate in the mouth of new born babies non surgically.
• Our Department provide all options of replacement for missing teeth.
• Established a department of maxillofacial prosthodontics
• Treating Cleft lip and palate patients coming from all over the province
• The department has organized international conference and many workshops every year.
• Became host for two international workshops of Pakistan prosthodontics association.
• We are constantly updating the knowledge of the faculty by regularly organizing courses, workshops and conferences.
• Continuous research projects in the department and completed many research projects related to the department.
• The department has a strong faculty and is equipped with the state-of-the-art equipment.