Dr. Irfan Salim
Department of Periodontology
Assistant Professor, Periodontology / Head of Quality Evaluation Cell
- Graduated from Khyber College of Dentistry in 2008.
- House Job and Internship in 2008 to 2010.
- Attachment at Arrowe Park Hospital, part of Wirral University at UK.
- Private Dentistry from 2010 to 2014 at various dental clinics in Peshawar.
- Worked as Trainee Medical Officer at Periodontology department, KCD, under the supervision of Dr Shamim Akhtar, 2013 to 2014.
- Cleared MOH UAE, 2015.
- Cleared DHA UAE, 2015.
- Cleared HAAD UAE, 2015.
- Worked in United Arab Emirates from 2015 to 2018 in Dentistry.
- MCPS Degree from College of Physicians and Surgeons, Pakistan in 2018.
- Worked as Registrar in Periodontology Department at Kohat Institute of Dental Sciences 2018
- Worked as Registrar in Periodontology department at RCD till Dec 2018.
- Promoted to Senior Registrar in Periodontology Department, RCD, 2019.
- Working as Head of Quality Evaluation Cell (QEC) at Rehman College of Dentistry since June 2019.
- Have single handedly worked on the QEC after the first meeting at KMU in June 2019, making it one of the Province’s digitalized QEC. I have done the following after forming the QEC
- Modular Faculty and Course evaluation questionnaires
- Faculty ratings created per module from the Faculty Evaluation Questionnaires, insuring regular turn around.
- Faculty ratings on average per question to help insure and mark deficiencies to promote Quality assurance leading to improvement of Quality to students.
- Created webpage for easy access to students of the QEC questionnaires. Regularly maintained by Dr Irfan Salim (rcdqec.blogspot.com)
- Annual feedback from the faculty about satisfaction level. Last conducted in 2019 end.
- Attending regular QEC meeting to insure presence in the dental and medical colleges of KPK.
- Recently Online education evaluation has been conducted.
Area of Expertise
- Non-surgical and Surgical periodontal therapy
- Aesthetic dentistry (Digital smile design)
- Patient management and reassessment
- Patient handling
- Quality Evaluation Cell formation and working since June 2019 to present
- Clinical demonstration to 3rd Year BDS
- Theoretical lectures to 3rd Year BDS
- Inhalation Sedation – 2020
- Digital Smile Design, UAE – 2016
- Clear aligners, UAE – 2015
- BLS by Rescue 1122 – 2020
- BLS by American Dental Association - 2014
- Clinical Implantology, Dr Khurram Ataullah – 2011
- Accredited Specialist in Periodontology at CPSP
- Winner 3m ESPE Pakistan Quiz Competition – Oct 2014
- Best Oral Research Presentation, KMU Annual Research Health Symposium, 2010.
- Letter of appreciation from Operative Dentistry & Endodontic Department, Khyber College of Dentistry