The curriculum for BDS is incrementally build on an indigenous design based on PMC guideline which addresses the vision & mission of the institutions & university. The curriculum aims at full filling the obligation of producing knowledgeable & ethical dental professional with clinical competence & leadership qualities. RCD intends to prepare the dental graduates to meet the oral & dental care needs of the community by providing the best possible evidence based practices with values & scientific basis.
RCD shall be admitting 50 students in the 2020-21 session of its BDS course. Admission shall be based on merit.
Candidates shall be called for interview after receiving merit list from Pakistan Medical Commission. Interviews shall be held from 27 to 30 January 2021.
Before coming for Interview candidates are advised to:
- Carefully read the attached ‘Guidelines for Candidates’ in order to be familiar with the Interview process.
- Bring all the Financial and Academic Documents listed under “Interview/Financial Requirements”
- Downloads the Two Forms i.e. “Application Form” and “Financial Assessment Form” available in ADMISSION FORMS TAB, fill them out and bring along with yourself when you come for interview.
- Parent or Guardian (One person only) must accompany the candidate for Financial Assessment along with all the required financial documents.
- Candidates shall not be allowed to carry mobile phones during the interview. Same to be handed over to parent/guardian before entering the interview area.
- Covid-19 precautions to be strictly followed. No candidate or parent/guardian shall be allowed without a face mask.
- Applicants must have passed HSSC (pre-medical Group) with at least 65% marks.
- Candidates who have taken their O- level/A- level exams, an equivalence certificate from the Inter Board Committee of Chairmen (IBCC).
- Candidates having currently valid scores of Entry Test. (60%)
Expatriate Pakistani / Foreign Nationals
Following documents will have to be provided by the applicant:
- Foreigner or overseas Pakistani students having completed their last two years of schooling from abroad.Certificate from last institute attended.
- An Equivalence Certificate of academic qualifications issued by IBCC Islamabad.
- Foreign Passport Copy/Citizenship copy
- In accordance with the PMC rules, candidates with qualifications other than those from the Boards of Intermediate and Secondary Education in Pakistan are eligible to apply, provided they have passed three Science subjects in which Biology & Chemistry are essential. Such candidates must possess the following:SAT II Examination score with a minimum of 550 marks (each subject), in lieu of the Entry Test.
1.The college shall prepare/receive a merit list by a weightage formula as under
- F.Sc (Pre Medical)/ HSSC/ Equivalent. (30%);
- MDCAT/SAT-II* (50%) and
- Psychometric Assessment & Interview (20%). It will consist of following phases which will happen on the same day.
A. Scrutiny of relevant documents:
- Academic credentials (as per prospectus)
- Financial documents (as per prospectus)
B. Candidates will be interviewed in the domain of soft skills through Multiple Mini Interviews (interactive and static stations) and /or panel interview in the following:
- Critical thinking and problem solving
- Communication and language proficiency skills
- Ethics/morality/punctuality/empathy and culture sensitivity
- Institution knowledge understanding and social responsibilities
- Knowledge of loco-regional health systems
- Psychological/Psychometric analysis
2. *SAT-II applicable for foreign/overseas applicants only
- In case final merit of more than one candidate is equal up to four decimals, the candidate age shall stand higher in merit;
- The concerned college shall ensure display of merit lists prepared in accordance with these policies on its own website and notice boards
- After the display of final merit list by the college if there are any vacant seats next student on merit in the waiting list shall be offered admission against such vacant seats.
- The admission to MBBS and BDS course in a medical and dental institution shall be made strictly based on merit as per criteria given above.
3. General Provisions
The admission shall be considered as cancelled for the following reasons:
- If it is found that candidate is not entitled for admission according to the College admission policy, at any stage of BDS course.
- If found medical unfit
- If any document/ information provided by candidate proved false/fake or fabricated at any stage of BDS course
- If the candidate fails to report for admission and deposit the fee by the due date.
- If it is found that candidate was not entitled for admission in preference to the other candidate at any stage of BDS course
- If failed to share documents supporting financial standing as required by the committee i.e. a wealth statement of either parent/guardian, showing funds equivalent to five years of tuition fee of either parent/guardian, bank statement or any other relevant document.
- Student of merged districts will be required to provide Tax Exemption Certificate from Commissioner Income Tax & proof of income & Wealth statement duly signed by the respective Revenue Authorities.
Fees Structure Intake 2020-2021 Session
Candidates shall be called for Interview based on the merit list provided by PMC. Candidates who are contacted for interview must report to RCD at given time accompanied by Parent or Guardian (One person only) along with following documents:
Academic/Personal Documents (Original plus one set of photocopies each):
1. Matric certificate / IBCC certificate
2. FSc marksheet / IBCC certificate
3. MDCAT certificate (Local candidates)
4. SAT-II certificate (Foreign/Overseas candidates only)
5. KP Domicile certificate (other provinces not allowed)
6. CNIC of both candidate and Father
7. 3 Passport size photographs (front view with white background)
Financial Assessment Documents
Original plus One set of photocopies (must be kept by Parent/guardian in separate folder)
2- Bank Statement for the last one year
3- Income Tax Return for the latest tax year
4- Property Documents (If any)valuation is mandatory from Tahsildar office or any relevant body in case of income not supporting five year fee
5- Any Investments (Documentary Evidence)
1- Business Financial Statements
2- Business as well as individual Income Tax Returns
3- Business Ownership documentary evidence
4- If business is on partnership then partnership deed
5- Bank Statements on business name
6- Property Documents (If any) Property Documents (If any)valuation is mandatory from Tahsildar office or any relevant body in case of income not supporting five year fee
7- Any Investments (Documentary Evidence)
1- Agricultural/Property Income Details
2- Bank Statements
3- Income Tax Returns
4- Agricultural Land/Property ownership documents, valuation is mandatory from Tahsildar office or any relevant body in case of income not supporting five year fee
5- Any Investments (Documentary Evidence
Guideline for Students
Daily Interview Schedule of BDS Candidates For Admission 2020-2021
RCD- Merit List, 2020-2021