Department of Pathology
Pathology is the study of disease through examination of organs, tissues, bodily fluids, and whole bodies (autopsies). General pathology is a broad scientific field which seeks to understand the mechanisms of injury to cells and tissues, as well as the body’s means of responding to and repairing injury. Areas of study include cellular adaptation to injury, necrosis, inflammation, wound healing and neoplasia. It forms the foundation of pathology, the application of this knowledge is to diagnose diseases in humans and animals too. It is the bridge between science and medicine. It play a critical role in research, advancing medicine and devising new treatments to fight viruses, infections and diseases like cancer.
General pathology and microbiology
Following are the references of articles published from our Department:
- Shah SA, Iqbal Z, Qamar MA, Khattak MF. Diagnostic value of Abrams punch pleural biopsy in exudative pleural effusions. J med sci, 2011 April: Vol 1(2).
- Shah SA, Qamar MA. Role of fine needle aspiration cytology in the evaluation of breast lumps. Khyber Journal of medical sciences. July-Dec 2012 Vol 5(2)
- Khan AQ, Jamali R, Jan M, Tasneem M. Correlation of fine needle aspiration cytology and histopathology diagnosis in the evaluation of breast lumps. International Journal of Medical Students, 2014;2(2), 40-43.
- M. Hassan M, Abdullah HMA, Wahid A, Qamar MA. Terminal deoxynucleotidyltransferase (TdT)-negative T-cell lymphoblastic lymphoma with loss of the T-cell lineage-specific marker CD3 at relapse: a rare entity with an aggressive outcome. BMJ Case Rep. 2018 Jun 8; 2018.
- M. Tasneem, M. Hassan. A. Khan, M. Arab din, M.A. Qamar. Frequency of Human papilloma virus in esophageal squamous cell carcinoma by immunohistochemistry. JPMA, 2019 May.
- Maria Tasneem Khattak, Masroor Hassan, Bushra Nasib, Muhammad Ashraf Qamar, Sarah Javed, Nasir Ali. Frequency of Human Epidermal Growth Factor Receptor 2 (Her2/Neu) Expression in Gastric Adenocarcinoma in Rehman Medical Institute Peshawar
Following manuscripts are pending:
- Frequency of Human papilloma virus in esophageal squamous cell carcinoma by immunohistochemistry
- Frequency of adenocarcinoma in patients undergoing gastric endoscopic biopsy.
- Detection of IHC expression of CD 34 in Stroma of Malignant breast lesion.